How To Prevent, Diminish And Remove Wrinkles (13 Tips)
How Do We Get Wrinkles and Fine Lines?
13 tips and remedies to avoid fine lines and get rid of wrinkles
The wrinkle folds and sagging skin on this adorable little pug dog's mug shot may look cute and gives it a profound look. But will it look good on a human being's face? I would guess not, would you?
Before we get to the remedies for getting rid of wrinkles and fine lines, we must first need to know what are wrinkles and how they are actually formed in the first place so that we can also nip them in the bud before we get more and more of them and those lines becoming even more deeply rooted, isn't it?
Wrinkles and fine lines usually begin to appear as a person gets older with age. They are folds and creases on the skin making the skin at times looking like uneven railway lines or like the face of a pug dog. Most people do detest wrinkles appearing on their faces as it makes them look older and is unaesthetic and even pathetic to look at, especially if they are not that old to begin with.
These skin creases are developed and formed in a myriad of ways such as from a person's facial expressions (laughing, smiling, squinting and frowning), sun damaged skin, smoking regularly, declining collagen level, frequent alcohol indulgences, genetic predisposition, sleeping positions and so on and so forth although the most common initial appearances of wrinkles are usually formed from a person's facial expressions repeated for thousands and even millions of times and is still repeating them.
For beauty's sake, millions of people worldwide are spending in total billions of dollars each year in aesthetic treatments, creams and skin health supplements desperately clutching on to the hope of just preventing and even to getting rid of their facial wrinkles. It is indeed a very huge aesthetic industry.
The sad truth is that wrinkles and fine lines are just part and parcel of the ongoing aging process because as we get older, our skin becomes less elastic and less supple due to the declining levels of collagen, elastin, human growth hormones and many other contributing factors. Thus it is an inescapable fact that we will develop wrinkles although this development can be mitigated to some extent and sometimes with quite spectacular results too if the right treatments and remedial actions are being used and applied on very diligently.
Since we now know how wrinkles are developed and formed, we can then find out how to prevent, eliminate and eradicate them. The first thing to do is to delay the skin aging process as much as you can. So here are 13 ways to avoid wrinkles from developing and to get rid of them if they are already there.
1) Quit Smoking - This is a no brainer but must still be emphasized. Smoking not only expose you to many health hazards, it is also a disaster to your skin cellular structure. So if you are a smoker, then quit this nasty habit if you can. Just do it.
Please don't scoff at me just yet because I know that it is easier said than done, but it can be done and millions of people have successfully quit smoking for good. However, it is up to you to prioritize which is more important to you, to continue smoking or quit for the sake of your health in general and good skin complexion in particular. You see, you are the one who can make the choice. So make a wise one.
You see, smoking cigarettes constrict your blood vessels and interferes negatively with the supply of vital nutrients and oxygen to your facial skin and in the process making it to age faster and thus making the skin susceptible to wrinkle formation and other skin blemishes. The more you smoke, the worse your complexion will become. So the best solution is to stop smoking completely and believe me, in just a matter of a few days, you will be able to visually see vast improvements to your skin tone and texture.
2) Drink Less Alcohol - Alcohol causes dehydration robbing your skin of its moisture content causing you to have dry and scaly skin paving the way for fine lines to form up. If you enjoy your alcohol, I am not asking you to quit drinking completely, but just drink less of your favorite spirit and make sure that you hydrate yourself by drinking a lot of water too. You should also apply a good moisturizer more often to hydrate your dry skin to counter the effect of skin dehydration caused by the consumption of alcohol.
3) Avoid Excessive Sun Exposure - Having a golden tan may make you look more exotic and even sexy. However too much sun exposure will damage your skin. It will give you dry scaly skin, sunspots, liver spots, many other skin blemishes and in certain extreme circumstances, even skin cancer.
However do not avoid the sun completely as you need sunlight for the synthesis of vitamin D and calcium in order to have good teeth and bone health and also to prevent vitamin D deficiency. Just apply sunblock on your face and wear a cap to protect your facial skin from the sun's skin damaging ultra violet rays.
4) Apply Moisturizer And Anti-Wrinkle Cream - Take good care of your skin. Hydrate it with a good moisturizer everyday. Apply instant wrinkle reducer by Skinception Age Reducing formula to prevent and remove your wrinkles.
5) Get Enough Beauty Sleep - They don't call it beauty sleep for nothing, right? Sleep is the time when your body recharges and regenerates itself. This is the time when your body repairs itself from the wear and tear of the day. That is why you look so much fresher when you have enough good sleep and looking haggard when you don't. However, try to sleep on your back as sleeping on your side or belly will cause your face to be in contact with the bed for long hours causing creases to appear. You don't want that to happen to you, do you?
If you are the type who cannot fall asleep easily or are waking up very often in the night thus disrupting your sleep pattern or is suffering from chronic insomnia, then read this article. Loud snoring can also affect your sleep as it will sometimes obstruct your airway passage causing you to gasp for breath and even waking up many times in the night without you even realizing it, this condition is known as sleep apnea and it can lead to serious medical conditions if left untreated.
So if you are snoring loudly every night (ask your bed partner if you do not know whether you snore or not) or are feeling tired and fatigued out even though you have slept the prerequisite 8 hours or more, then it is about time you visit a sleep specialist doctor to check whether you are suffering from sleep apnea.
6) Botox Injection - Botox injection (botulinum toxin) works by paralyzing the muscles in the wrinkled up areas of the skin and as such diminishing and even eradicating their appearances as the skin around the area looked more plumb up. This aesthetic treatment works best for frown and laugh lines, frown grooves between the eyebrows, forehead lines and for wrinkles and deep lines caused by overused facial expressions. The bonus is that it is quite affordable for the average person and the full effects of the jabs usually last between four to six months, before you require another treatment.
However, do note that some people do experience certain negative side effects like slight swelling or bruising on the areas where the injections were administered, occasional headaches, droopy eyelids, saliva drooling, an almost perpetual crooked or frozen smile. Also the Botox injection is not advisable for expecting and breast feeding mothers. Therefore you should choose a good and experienced aesthetic doctor to do the face job for you so as not to get a botch up experience.
7) Dermal Fillers Injection - As the name rightfully suggests, a dermal filler is injected into the creases in the skin to fill it up by plumping up the skin to smoothen out the wrinkles just like botox injection does. There are several FDA approved dermal fillers that aesthetic doctors feel comfortable to use. The more common ones being used presently are the collagen filler, hyaluronic acid and calcium hydroxylapatite which are naturally occurring and are already present in your skin and the bones. That is why you are unlikely to get any adverse reaction from the body rejecting the fillers.
Hyaluronic acid is perhaps the most commonly used as it is relatively cheaper and also there are some evidence to suggest that hyaluronic acid injections may also have a more longer lasting efficacy on the skin because it is thought to be able to enhance natural collagen production and therefore is killing two birds with one stone in the process.
Just before the injections are administered, the surface area needs to be well cleansed and you may also be given a local anesthetic to minimize any pain although most of the time, the anesthesia will not be required. Some people may experience some form of slight bruising or swelling at the injected locations, but these situations are only temporary in nature and should not last for more than a couple of days. Depending on the type of filler being used, the positive and desired effects from the dermal filler injections should last something from six to eighteen months depending on your skin condition and the types of fillers used.
For longer lasting filler, there is a procedure called the "body fat transfer method" where your own personal body fat from another part of the body is extracted, processed and then injected into your face where the wrinkles are. This is a more complicated and expensive procedure but the trade off is that the positive effect can last for years to come. Since you don't need to go back for repeat and maintenance treatments several months later for a couple of years, the trouble and expenses incurred for the procedure is thus conveniently mitigated.
8) Intense Pulse Light (IPL) Treatment - The IPL treatment uses the photo-rejuvenation method and can also be used for the treatment for many other types of skin blemishes such as sun spots, age spots, acne scars, freckles, sagging skin and of course, for the removal of wrinkles and fine lines. This is because IPL treatment stimulates and encourages the natural production of collagen and elastin which are vital for good skin health and beauty.
The treatment uses short bursts of intense pulse light to heat up the skin so as to trigger off more collagen production. The IPL method is very effective for the improvement of good of skin tone, texture and skin discoloration. Overall complexion of the skin will be improved although multiple treatments may be required to achieve the desired results.
The diverse forms of light energy released by the IPL machine will penetrate just below the skin surface areas, inducing heat there to induce more collagen to rise and form up. This process may be a tad uncomfortable for some people though and the side effects arising from the treatment may include some redness on the skin and in some cases there may be some swelling and bruises although this is more the exception than the rule.
9) Micro-dermabrasion - This is a method used for exfoliating the top layer of the skin resulting in the wrinkles being less pronounced and less deep. In the process, it also will reveal the younger looking and healthier skin below and simultaneously removing light acne scars as well. Your overall skin complexion will be brighter and more radiant. Sometimes people equate this treatment as to sand blasting your face.
10) Regular Exercise - Exercise increases blood flow so that your skin is well fed with nutrients, moisture and oxygen more efficiently. It also improves your general health in turn making you look more radiant in appearance. Furthermore, intensive exercise such as lifting weights and sprinting can also help to boost your human growth hormones and testosterone which in turn will slow down the aging process.
11) Chemical Peel - Chemical peeling of the skin works somewhat like the micro-dermabrasion method as described in tip number 9 above but in this case it uses chemicals instead of "sand blasting" to exfoliate the top layers of the skin to reveal younger smoother skin
If you opt for harsher and more intensive chemical peels, do be prepared to experience some redness and a little swelling for a few days with a light crust of scab on the skin appearing. There will be a down time of a week or two until the scabs flake away although some redness will still be seen for a little while more.
12) Radio Frequency Treatment (RFT) - This treatment is often packaged and marketed as a non-surgical facelift and there are three parts to the treatment. Firstly, the RFT method will transmit thermal energy deep into the skin cellular structure. This will effectively tighten up the skin and lifting it up thus giving it a facelift effect. At the same time, the heat also induces the production of more collagen and as such, reduces the appearances of wrinkles and fine lines.
Next, the energy current from the RFT treatment also stimulates the skin cells to facilitate better blood circulation and to give the skin a better tone, texture and a more youthful like appearance.
Thirdly, the equipment also delivers enriched oxygen. The oxygenated skin will effectively repair and counter the free radical damages. The RFT procedure is touted by the aesthetic industry to be able to eradicate up to eighty percent of the wrinkles on patients that were treated.
13) Argan Oil - You can use argan oil as a skin moisturiser. This non sticky oil comes from the argan trees, which are mainly found in south-west of Morocco in the continent of Africa. The oil is derived from the kernels of the argan fruit and is all natural. The omega fatty acids in the oil can help to repair skin cells and can thus can give you a healthier looking skin complexion.
The vitamin A and E and carotenoids in the Argan oil can also help to retard any wrinkle formation. It also does an excellent job for the healing of sun damaged skin and at the same time giving the skin an antioxidative effect that combats skin damaging free radicals.
In conclusion, we must all bear in mind that the formation and development of wrinkles and fine lines are all part of our aging process and we all have to face them squarely or just simply ignore them and do nothing by just living with it. So the best way to prevent wrinkles and fine lines is to take good care of your skin, general health and personal well being.
Learn how to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines now.
Watch this video as Dr. Mehmet Cengiz Oz share with us the various ways to prevent and treat wrinkles as well as skin protection ideas in an episode of Today Showtime TV program.